Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Release: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't.

~~

It's finally come! The Delirium release! I've heard so much about this book, so many many good things! And I've heard many good things about Lauren Oliver herself. This book sounds very interesting. A dystopian world where love doesn't exist. There has been The Hunger Games, where two are sentenced to die from your district to remind you not to rebel; there's Matched, where love is very key; there's Uglies, where becoming pretty is key, but not really love; and there's The Giver where perfection seems to be their only key. Every wide range of things, but no one has written about love being gone. I am apprehensive, though, as to whether or not I will cry during this book. With love gone, I have no idea what it will be like. I'm hoping that Oliver does have a happy ending to it (but I've heard that this is a series. Cliff-hangers!).

P.S.: Happy February!

<3 Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment