Thursday, March 31, 2011

Harry Potter 5-7

A continuation of yesterday, click here, here are numbers five through seven of the Harry Potter Series.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:

This one was full of action and surprises (not all of them good). Harry is in a really angry mood throughout this book, and it bugged me a lot because his anger drove tons of wedges between him and others. He didn't focus so much on his adventure, and I missed that. #5 also gives us a better view of what's going on outside of Hogwarts, like the Ministry. It also introduces us to the worst of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers, Dolores Umbridge (who, I might add, I wanted to throw off a cliff for the entirety of the book.)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:

My favorite of the seven, #6 was the calm before the storm. I loved the Pensieve and the memories that Dumbledore had. Although this book is rather slow, I did enjoy the mystery behind the Half-Blood Prince. It made you think back to the previous novels for anyone that could have written in it. Hermione bugged me with this one, because she didn't let up on Harry and the Prince. This novel also had a very shocking ending, to which I cried. A lot.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:

This novel just kept getting better as we neared the end. I missed Hogwarts and the little adventures Harry had there, but I also thought it was interesting to visit other wizards and witches that Harry met along the way. I didn't like how far away from the action they were, but once you got inside, it was a thrilling roller coaster full of secrets, lies, and bravery. There are so many twists, and I though that chapter thirty-three summed it up nicely. With a twisty but happy ending, J. K. Rowling ends the brilliant Harry Potter Series.

This series is definitely one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure I'll reread them later on, but for now, I have a must read list to attend to. If you haven't read these books, I highly recommend you do. They are so great and they teach you tons of things along the way. The cast of characters are hilarious, but also kind and wise. I loved them all. Brilliant, breathtaking, spectacular, these books will go down in history, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment