Monday, January 10, 2011

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers Trilogy #3) by Kelley Armstrong

Genre: teen fantasy and science fiction
Age Group: Young Adult
Book #: three
Pages: 391
Synopsis: My name is Chloe Saunders. I'm fifteen and I would love to be normal. But normal is one thing I'm not. For one thing, I'm having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother--who just happens to be a sorcerer--but, between you and me, I'm leaning toward the werewolf. Not normal. My friends and I are on the run from and evil corperation that wants to get rid of us--permanently. Definately not normal. And finally, I'm a genetically altered necromancer wh ocan raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying. As far away from normal as it gets.

~~

Oh, my goodness! The Reckoning was, in my opinion, the best one out of the three in the Darkest Powers trilogy! (See my reveiws of The Summoning and The Awakening.) The plot was amazing, the twists were surprising, and the mysteries were nail-biting thrillers.

Chloe is no longer innocent and immature in this book, which I found to be gratifying. I can only stand so much of a wimpy main character. This book was the one I was expecting throughout the entire Darkest Powers Trilogy. There were perfect twists (and, trust me, there were a LOT of twists) and the mysteries keep piling up.

There are half-demons, full demons, telekenetic demons, werewolves, murderous shamans and necromancers, witches, sorcerers, and, of course, ghosts. That is also something that I got more of in The Reckoning than in the other two. Ghosts! They were everywhere! It was amazing!

Over all, Armstrong hit it dead on in The Reckoning. It was at-a-lose-of-words amazing, with gripping scenes and on-the-edge-of-your-seat action. A swoon-worthly and hilarious romance and hair-raising spectacles! Need I say more? Add these series to your TBR piles, people. It's gonna be worth it!

The Cover: Again, the cover really had nothing to do with the book. But we do find out what the necklace is used for! It kind of summed up my guesses, too. But the necklace isn't purple. I believe it's still blue.

P.S.: this counts for yesterday! Oops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment