Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cover Love and Preview: Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter

As I mentioned earlier, I loved C. C. Hunter's Born at Midnight! As I was looking at the sequel, Awake at Dawn, I fell even more in love with this cover! Check it out:


Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities.  But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold. 

To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away.  When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point.  Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie--and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive...

--------

The cover is just amazing with Kylie standing in front of Shadow Falls. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for blues and turquoises like this. The waterfall is just breathtaking!! *Gush*

I can't wait to see the next installment in Kylie's life. Hunter does a nice job with her characterization, and truth be told, I can't wait for Lucas to come back! He was my favorite out of Derek and Lucas, the two boys vying for Kylie's attention. Can't wait for this one!

Awake at Dawn comes out on October 11, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment