Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cover Love: The Mercy Series by Rebecca Lim

As I was reading the amazing, lyrical novel Mercy [insert link] I kept noticing the many different covers the novel has received. And all of them are very beautiful.

Mercy Cover #1
So, this is the cover my copy had. I think it fits the book well because as much as the story has a beautiful voice, it's very dark.

Mercy Cover #2
This is the cover I used in my review, and it's the only cover theme that I've seen used in each novel of the series. I love it because it shows Mercy looking very much like the beautiful angel she's supposed to be, but I also don't like it because it looks like she's a beacon for good when really, she's probably not one of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

Mercy Cover #3
This cover is very lovely, much like the other two, but I don't think it has anything to do with the story. Water's hardly ever mentioned, and it looks as if she's underwater. But I love how the skirt looks like it's made with feathers.

Exile Cover #1
This is the sequel to Mercy, and you can see that it looks a lot like Mercy Cover #2. I don't like it that much, though, because the model doesn't remind me of what I think Mercy looks like. Not one of my favorites.

Exile Cover #2
This cover reminds me of exile, really. The bright white nothing, and Mercy standing at the center of it all.

Muse Cover #1
This is the third novel in the Mercy Series. Again, you can see that it resembles Mercy Cover #2 and Exile Cover #1. I think it's so pretty, because of the lovely model and the light obscuring part of her face. But I dislike the pink. I think it might throw off a reading enthusiast looking for an angel novel. Because from what I've read so far, Mercy isn't all about happiness and love. It's also about pain, darkness, and sacrifice.

Muse Cover #2
My favorite part of this cover are the feathers falling out of her hair. It's my favorite out of all seven of the series's various covers. As much as it is lovely, I think the model covering her face gives the slightest clue that it's not all happy, but is also dark.

Well? What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment